View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Default I am a chip-spewing donkey (NC)

I just need to humiliate myself so I never do these things again. These hands are from the Stars $3 Rebuy Satellite. In the first two cases I have a top-ten stack, with 100-150 players left. 22 get seats.

Hand one:

Hero is in the CO with 88. Folded to Hero, who raises 3BB. SB and BB call. Flop: 764r. SB pushes for 20BB. Hero thinks, "He's got 99 or TT," and calls anyway. 99. No help. Yeah, he could be on A7s, or some kind of draw, but it was still a mistake, and I lose half my stack.

Hand two:

Hero is in BB with 43o. UTG limps, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: Q43r (Cool!)

SB checks, Hero bets 2/3 pot. UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: 2

SB checks, Hero bets 2/3 pot again, SB pushes, Hero without pausing to think calls. A5 for the wheel. (Yes, he's a donkey calling with a gutshot, but I'm the bigger donkey for calling when it seems pretty clear my two pair are no good anymore.)

Hand three:

Hero has AKs in CO. UTG raises 3BB, folded to Hero who raises the pot. Villain calls. Flop: JTx, villain checks, Hero c-bets 1/2 the pot, villain pushes. Hero thinks (using the term loosely) and calls.

Villain: ATo (Raising UTG with ATo, and then calling a re-raise? Yeah, he sucks, but I'm far worse.)

Happily, I turned a King. But what the hell was I doing? I am almost never ahead here, and may well be drawing pretty close to dead.

Sam

P.S. In none of these cases was I getting remotely correct pot odds to call.