View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: 10 20 Party Value Bet River?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for other streets- raise flop to something like 400 and raise turn, check on the river. But I still think that that's clear fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

why is any of this right? you're saying it repeatedly in this thread but havent given any reasons. hero has position with a suited ace preflop, it's a loose call but totally justifiable depending on the opponent and your ability to outplay him later.
on the flop, he's trying to catch a spade, 2 or a on the turn, why does he want to raise so the pfr can blow him off the chance of winning a huge pot if he backdoors a flush or makes trip 2s?

i dont really hate either calling of raising on the turn here. you probably have a hammerlock on the hand, he's going to fold most of his hands to any turn raise.

i think it's an easy river check, unless he's a complete donk capable of calling you with 9s or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
What flop do you expect to hit with your single ace? Suited dont add much value for his hand. As Harrington wrote at HoH2 Ace with small kicker is something like just Ace without kicker at all.If hero hope that he can outplay his opponent- its very good, but still A2s isn't good hand to call 3bb raise before the flop with such small stakes.And of course any of blinds can put reraise and hero will need to muck his hand. Because the game is 4handed it will be some percentage of time- greater than at full ring, because raises here are more looser.
Ok.At flop call isnt bad and I change my opinion here- hero has position and can call here to see how this hand will develop.
At turn is mandatory raise:
1)If raiser has big Ace he almost alway will call you here.
2)Your hand isnt so strong to slowplay.Any 2,6, or card greater than 10 can ruin your hand.
3)Even if villain has 1010-KK he can call your raise some percentage of time if he couldnt believe that you have real hand.
Clear check at river- 3 destroyed your hand.