Thread: The Trend
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: The Trend

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no magic formula for playing limi hold'em either, but it's certainly more science than art

[/ QUOTE ]

What about no limit? Certain areas of trading are certainly scientific and math based. Chart reading and technical analysis are not. They are all feel and experience and trying to create some sort of black box is an excersize in futility.

I've stood in trading pits or have been staring into a trading screen for close to 20 years and if there was a mathematical solution the business I am in wouldn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have news for you:

What you describe as "feel" is not messages from Jesus, or use of The Force, or the result of rain dances or voodoo dolls or virgin sacrifices to the trading gods. They are the result of processing information that you have available to you. YOU are a "black box."

All we're talking about here is what information you're using, and how you're using it, when you "follow a trend." If you can't describe it, I submit that you don't actually know what you're doing, and aren't saying anything meaningful when you advocate "following a trend." Either it means something or it doesn't. If it doesn't, let's please shut up about it. If it does, let's get on with the business of describing it.

eastbay