View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Texas Holdem Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the context of the game... you will get the volume to justify the limp to flop a set, occasionally. However, personally I wouldn't limp unless I have 2 limpers in front of me.

However, overlimping will sometimes encourage the right type of player behind you to overlimp as well. Thus creating the volume you are looking for. It is a hard situation to explicitly describe, but you know it when you see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you were im plying that in this spot in this situation its ok to overlimp 22 after 1 limper occasioanlly.

i dont think its ever ok to limp 22 after 1 limper in this game in that spot. thus i asked clarification.

if its a loose game, and fairly passive, then its a totally different game than the one steve is writing about. in all likelihood at 1/2 after you limp 22 after 1 limiper, somebody will raise, or one more person will limp and it'll be between 3-5 handed with you not in an ideal position to extract the most from your set or better the 1 in 8.5 times you hit. further, you wont get paid off as well and overall i think 22 here limping after 1 limper is always a mistake.

Barron