View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 AM

Default The $12 read...check.

(No converter or HH with this site)
I started the table HU, and the last to sit is a regular-decent TAG player, but is very weak after the flop.(guess hes not a real TAG, more like a TAG with weak tendencies) He will never chase overs or weak draws, regardless of the pot size. I've played him everyday for 2 weeks, and I can never seem to extract much money from him.

Widely-unknown poker site $3/$6 8 handed
Hero is MP2 with AA. Folded to hero who raises.
Folded to Villian in BB who calls.

-flop-
Jh2s2h

(The most I can hope for is that he has the flush draw. This is the ONLY way Im going to extract any significant amount of money from him, besides the J which I cant see him in this position with any kind of J. JJ would have been rerasied preflop, and he wouldnt eben play AJ here. He's a "monster laydown" kind of guy.

Villian checks, Hero Checks

-turn-Ac

Villian checks, (Id put a good bet out there that this guys mouse is over the fold button.)Hero checks.
-river- Kh
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian calls and mucks hand.
6BB pot.

Against an unknown I would at least lead here, but I absolutely knew he would fold if I bet out. Is this what Negreanu is talking about with his "situational" but most of the time, incorrect plays?

I asked what he had and he says KQ. I believe him, thinking about the board theres no way he wouldnt bet out with a non-threatening board with a pocket pair. He wouldnt bluff K high, and didnt bet the A. The only thing Im left with is KQ.
Either way, I think I extracted the most possible, what do you guys think?