View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: you know you\'re at the right table when....(LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

I don't like the flop 3-bet. AK is a very likely hand for one of your opponents to hold so you really can't love a Q that much. Add onto that the possible flush draw against you and your equity doesn't look all that great. You're not raising for value and you don't benefit from shutting anyone out of the pot. Just call.

Turn looks fine. Why would you want to cap?

River fine.

Why are you so happy about this table? I like action too, but, apart from UTG, these guys didn't play all that badly. BB's turn 3-bet is bad, but with TPTK + gutshot to the nut straight and several trapped opponents it's not like he's giving you money here.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

SB calling 2 cold on the turn with 2nd pair + gutshot for an almost certain split isn't that bad? Not to mention that he flat called the river, closing the action, with the nuts.

BB overplayed his hand huge both on the flop and the turn, and I'd say he is giving me money - he's got to be behind and the only card he likes is another Q or a K for a split. UTG is a monster calling station, as is SB. It doesn't get much better than that.