View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: sensing weakness

[ QUOTE ]
You make great points, and after reading your post you almost changed my mind. However, why would someone with TP not bet out on the turn when it paired the board? I smell two draws and I think a bet of 75% of the pot wins it outright more times than not.

Checking is a sure sign of weakness. Both players have bet preflop and flop and its still a multiway pot. Why would they now check the turn? What are they afraid of? I think Hero has a strong table image and they dont want to risk any of their stacks and are looking for a reason to get away from this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is obviously very read dependant, but IMO, UTG's min-raise is too obvious (especially in a multiway pot with one player to act). It smells more like he's setting the trap for hero to call (and SB to complete) with set(8s?). The turn was probably the perfect card for SB's QQ or UTG's 88. Then again maybe we're talking over-pairs.

If in fact we are even talking TP here (which considering the flop min-raise and SB flat-call I just don't see) I think both SB and UTG were surprised in having hero come along for the turn. And, given the fact he only "called", one or the other may put HERO on a draw. If their read on hero is "loose" why not let him play his position and hang himself?

I may be wrong but I see chips flying here.

I respect your line and you are right, most times position will win this pot outright. Again, this is a very read dependant hand.