View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: sensing weakness

When considering you have been playing "pretty loose preflop" and your opponents appear to be tight and somewhat aggressive, I think a reraise on the flop will most likely be looking at a SB/UTG push.

...and assuming the reads on your opponents to be accurate, it is my opinion that this is an easy fold on the flop (barring additional information of course). You are getting no where near the implied odds to make this call.

I'm really on the fence about your turn bet. I see the value in it but what do you think they put you on? An eight? Unlikely... They can’t put you on AA, KK, QQ, a set, etc. you would have certainly reraised that flop. Why bet here? Heads up, maybe…I think you are too far behind this board too often and if anyone is feeling frisky then you will most certainly be put to the test on the river (if not immediately). I check-off the turn.

I like checking the turn and pushing the river better than I like your turn bet but you may have had a strong read on these two that I am not getting in your post.