View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, by the way: The NSA kind of technology is mostly useless against the low-tech threat that is Qaeda and its branches. Bear that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure how I feel about this. I dont follow baseball as closely as many in here, but my perception is that Arroyo has been very solid for the Red Sox. Is it worth getting an awesome CF to give this guy up? I have no opinion to be honest, just trying to see what the better informed think about the prospect of some deal revolving around a reed for arroyo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Deathwish, and he has a track record with the Sox. I'd rather see Wells go for some prospects or depth, and find another way to get a strong center fielder. Bottom line is, Beckett, Schilling, Wells, Clement - there are question marks for every one of these guys to various degrees. We have a wealth of starting pitching but we could also be in the position the Yankees faced last season - with 3 or 4 guys who fail to deliver or get hurt.

I am encouraged by all the young talent we have, but I don't see any of them being ready to enter the rotation next year. Papelbon is really promising but we haven't seen him go long yet.

I think other posters are correct that waiting to deal any pitching, unless it's a really good deal, is best right now.

NT