Thread: Anyone tired?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Anyone tired?

Yes, I have felt tired in the past. But, for me, it was/is just because I'm a "grinder". At least, I consider myself one.

I only play part time (20 - 40 hours a month) because I have a full time job, but still make a great supplemental income ($1000-$1500/month) bonus whoring and multi tabling the $.5/1 up to $3/6. For me, when the boredom sets in I should immediately stop, but I don't. I end up gambling, throwing my money away (still at low limits).

What really refreshes the game for me though is playing in larger buy-in and entry tournaments (around here and in vegas). When 1st place in these tournaments is larger than my winnings this year it's a huge incentive to me to develop my game.

Also, the last time I went to Vegas (a month ago) I did really well at $15/30 and $30/60 (way over what I usually play) and am dying to try out $80/160 or $100/$200. I attribute my success to paying a lot more attention while playing one hand (than usually 4-8 hands online) and also playing at a limit where I could lose a good chunk of my poker winnings for the year (10-20%).

So what works for me is moving up limits and playing live where a $5000 swing could really affect me and also playing in $1000+ buyin tournaments where cashing could be huge (at least to me). Coming back from Vegas I realized that all the grinding I have done gives me the ability to play in these larger games without feeling like I'm going to be completely broke when I get back.