View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: standard situaton poll, without a poll.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still 9 handed, I'm making a standard raise, hoping to A.) induce action. I would love to see 2 or 3 pushes behind me so I can dump and watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense. Why would you want this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it's rare that you will have 9 players with no short stack left at 50/100. This table has got to be very tight. If that's the case there is a good chance that you will simply steal the blinds with a raise with any 2. Now have you ever noticed that it seems like it only takes one action to cause a table to turn 180 degrees. If this is the action that causes it, I'll give up the 300 chips to get it started. So many times I've seen where at about this point, some MP player raises and 4 people will reraise and get themselves all in. And it seems like one or two hands later your sitting at the bubble. I'm not playing 88,99, or TT against multiple all-ins, but I wouldn't cry if the next guy to act pushed and 2 or 3 called his push. I'd get out of the way and watch. If 2 or 3 flat called and BB pushed, I'd be sandwiched, and would lay it down. But if he pushed and it was folded back to me, I'd take the coin toss. Did I make sense?

Later,
Rick