View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Live play metagame hand

[ QUOTE ]
I understand you're reasoning for wanting to send a message, but you say you're in a situation where you're likely behind and he's a good, tricky, player. Find a better spot to send the message than this one, where it kinda sounds like you're playing into his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read is that he's pushing at me with a strong draw...a hand that really relies on fold equity to be profitable. i want him to severely underestimate his fold equity against me in the future in situations like this.

anyway, the turn was an offsuit 7 and the river blanked off. i waited for him to show 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] before showing my jacks to drag the pot.

here's something else funny...he won the pot for me. his push made the straddler fold. the straddler told me after the hand that he had a K and a low heart, and that he was going to push if Villain hadn't. i'd have folded if the straddler pushed.

even if the results had turned out against me, i think that he would have to adjust his estimate of what i'm willing to call him with and he's not going to be as apt to push weaker hands against me. that's going to make my life easier in this game.