View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Live play metagame hand

This is my new favorite live game...it's $2/$5PL, but plays pretty big and deep...and fishy. In the hand in question, I have about $550 and Villain has me covered. Villain is a player, a student of the game, and probably the best out of the opponents at my table. Apparently he plays this game when his regular $10/$20NL game isn't running. I've seen him make some pretty amazing reads and generally only seen him put money in as a favorite. I've seen him raise and push strong draws, make good bluffs, big calls, big laydowns, etc...all the plays that make good players good.

On to the hand...There's a $15 straddle and it's limped around to me in the SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I pot it making it $75 to go. Villain calls from MP and the straddle calls.

Flop ~$250 - K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $200, Villain pushes, MP folds, I call $250 more

My gut told me that he was pushing with a strong draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2X or the like...probably even something that's a favorite over my jacks here (but I have odds to call). He could have me beat with a K, but I wasn't feeling that.

The main reason for my call: I plan on playing in this game a lot, and he's been there just about every time I have. I don't want him making these moves against me. I want to be confident that the next 3 times he moves in on me he has a big hand. He needs to learn to stay out of my pots and look to pick off the other players.