View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: I found $640: now what?

i found a bag at a mcdonald's pay phone when i was about 15 years old. it was fairly large, and had piles of money and checks in it. i went into mcdonald's and asked the employees if somebody was missing a bag. a ghost white manager had lost it. i don't remember if they even gave me anything for it.

i just sold the domain name i've been using for the last 4 years. had to change a ton of email logins, etc. (over 200 actually). i went through and roboformed everything with my new email address and randomly-generated passwords. i figured out where to go by running a script on my email. one of them was firepay, and i hadn't logged in since 2004 so it had to 'recreate my account'. when i signed in i had $2199 in there, i had no idea.

i wonder if it's worth a dedicated post to remind people about firepay if they haven't signed in for a while.