View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: $.50/1 NL - in retrospect i misplayed this, how would you play it?

I would simply check/call the flop. You're OOP with 2 overcards and a 2nd nut flush draw. Semi-bluffs don't work on tilting players. Semi-bluffs don't work on people who are trying to hit a hand and take you down. Semi-bluffs blind, with no info (OOP) are not always a good idea. I like to semi-bluff in LP or MP with a rock behind me. I think you should check this flop and then you'll A) draw for cheaper and B) guage the bet, and you could possibly check-raise here if they show enough weakness in the bet.

Pot control is important here. You said so yourself that you forgot that she would be pot committed...another peril of being OOP in NL hold'em. If you were in LP and she bet into you, and you thought of semi-bluff raising here on the flop, I think that you would have noticed her pot committment (if you raise), and that she would have to call anything on the turn/river if she made a hand at all on the flop.

Also: Her flop raise is indicative of a weaker hand that she's protecting. If I flopped a set here in position, I'm calling a ten dollar bet against an aggressive opponent (you). If I have a pair of 8's with a good kicker when I have you to overcards because of a late position PF raise, I'm going to re-raise. You made the right judgment on your outs on the turn.

When I read over your post, I thought she had A8 on the flop, or a suited connector (78) that she was protecting.

Hey, when all else fails...just you go ahead and hit your flush. If anyone asks why you called an all-in with a 2nd nut flush draw...just say you knew it was coming. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]