View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: have freind with drug problem... it\'s really scaring me. help? in

[ QUOTE ]
anyone ever been present at an intervention?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I am the one who facilitated it. I second the recommendation, as quoted below. The intervention will most likely only be successful if you have a treatment center already lined up and ready to take her in that same day. The treatment center usually can provide you with someone who will do the intervention with family/friends as part of the treatment cost.

If you're interested, I can share my story of how it went with the one I facilitated.

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend sounds like she's in bad, bad shape. I don't think that kind of person just wakes up one day and decides to stop, or generally has the willpower to go cold turkey after an intervention. When getting clean means staying sober for two or three days, and the way she celebrates is to go off on another bender, then the only way you can even hope to turn it around is to be forced sober for an extended period. It sounds to me like you need to convince her to go into rehab and dry out for a couple weeks (at least) somewhere. I know that costs money, but I don't see another solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above words are VERY VERY true.