View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Flush. call/cap flop?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you capped the flop. If you don't fold out the raisor, the bet is probably very slightly +EV. If he does fold, it's significantly -EV. So he doesn't need to fold very often to make the endeavour cost you money. If he does call, you rarely get a free card anyways. Plus you give up the chance to raise the turn, blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a pair, gutshot, and flush draw I have 17 outs to improve not always to a best hand thoguh. I have to imagine that any time I keep both players in it's more than slight EV, and when it goes HU, equity wise it may be EV-, but having the ability to take a free card on the turn...remember I have absolute position now....makes the play much more valuable.

A couple other notes on your other post:

I don't think 2BB is really negligible for LP player to call on the turn. 2BB is 2BB, and most players don't like their TPGK anymore.

What do you mean it reveals our hand when we go into check call mode? Do you mean it reveals it in this current hand? If so, I don't see why that is a huge problem. Villian is going to showdown.