View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Miers Withdraws Nomination

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So for Cheney to lie, he would have to know there was doubt about whether there were WMDs in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt by whom though? Certainly he knew there was doubt from people who had no knowledge of the issue. Someone who has zero access to any CIA info would certainly have doubt. So I don't think he meant that EVERYONE had no doubt.

So did it mean that those who had intelligence had no doubt? Or did it mean that he himself had no doubt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Tom it was a war of ideaology and not reason. The campaign worked and we got it approved. There is no need to continue the WMD debate and we both know or should know that's not why we went to war. I mean I supported the war and still do so yet I don't understand why some people are still trying to the prove or defend the WMD case. It was the PR campaign needed to get the country moving. This doesn't mean there wasn't some evidence to suggest that Iraq had WMD's but its certainly not the reason we went to war. It was a good cover story at the time but no need to keep it up anymore. Just let the liberals stay obsessed with the past if that's what they want to do.