Thread: Party rakeback
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Party rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been an affiliate for 22 months now and out of the 140 player accounts that I've signed up, NONE of them involved rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you explain how you know so much about the inner working of rakeback deals if you've never offered them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do I have to offer them to know about them? Does something special happen when I give the money to a player? I maintain my trackers and affiliate stats just like everyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
25% is the standard maximum on a single account. 30% is the absolute maximum if affiliate and sub-affiliate accounts are joined (against Party Poker policy). 35% does not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you comment on the post earlier in this thread claiming to have gotten 32%?

[/ QUOTE ]
I will be glad to comment when I see someone get 32% for 3 months or longer, not just as an offer.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Instead, the independently operated sister sites and skin affiliate managers used these skins as a vehicle to steal existing players away from Party and move those players over to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and despise them here, and in the rest of your rant about how players don't "deserve" whatever pay they can negotiate in a free market.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said players don't deserve rakeback. Save quotation marks for when you are actually quoting someone. I'm not an advocate against rakeback, I'm an advocate for it. Remember, I'm still a strategy poster and a player. Rakeback = +EV.

The fact still remains that we cheated the system to be able to receive rakeback. That goes for all of us (players, affiliates, affiliate managers) ALL OF US. The result:
A community of spoiled poker players and affiliates who consider rakeback as an entitlement that is immune to repossession. Everyone gets caught doing something they weren't allowed to do in the first place and the whining begins. Live with it.

When I started playing online 3 years ago, there were no seperate affiliate trackers and there was no rakeback. If everyone else started there, they would look at it the same way I do. Online poker is wonderful; rakeback is a GIFT. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I speak to my manager all the time and he is adamant when he says that Party Poker does not condone rakeback in any way, shape or form. At this point, Party is probably turning their heads the other way when it comes to rakeback investigation in an attempt to regain all of the accounts that were lost to skins.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my biggest concern. I can easily see Party waiting for x length of time and then simply turning rakeback off again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could easily happen.