View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: I\'ve been Thinking

[ QUOTE ]

Now, what makes a human being? This becomes a sticky point. I can only define it one way. An inborn desire to be free. My life is about freedom. My entire existance can be framed in the motif of seeking greater freedom. I cannot concieve of another human being on the face of the Earth who would seek a life leading to less freedom. To me, the inborn desire to make choices for yourself and seek, as much as you can, to determine your own fate ecompasses everything I can concieve as the human spirit. The freedom to worship what you want, [censored] who you want, marry who you want, be friends with who you want, buy what you want, do business as you want, think what you want, and most importantly learn what you want, define, for me, a human being.

What about a human being who seeks less freedom? Is that possible? What is the point of a life in which all the decisions are made for you? What is enriched by that life? What is learned in that life? What is the value of that life? All I can answer is nothing. Does that mean that anyone who actively seeks to have less freedom is less than human?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bunch of nonsense.