View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:48 PM

Default The point

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh maybe I'm retarded and sloppy but if I have 10bb and 88 and am first person not to fold I'm all in every time, including UTG 9-handed. Limping and folding to a raise seems like a terrible plan because people will push hands like ATo, QJ and worse and lower pairs when you limp. I guess if you are thinking really big picture and you are in a tournament where Shania counts for something then maybe you can limp with a bunch of hands here and make it work.... But this is a stars 22 which makes this impossible.

Oh yeah, when you raise you can also win the blinds!

I hate pratt,
-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh shoes,

For a $150+12 you're absolutely right. I already said that I autojam in, say, a wcoop event or any event where I think my opponents are decent, aggressive players. But here in a stars 22 (which I've probably played a lot more of than you [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) I think you see a lot fewer raises than you should. So the limp's not awful to consider 8 or 9 way.

The ENTIRE point of this post was that everyone's gut (including mine) gives the automatic response of "push this shiznit". But here, in this PARTICULAR spot, I felt uneasy-- like there might be a better play. This is how I improve my poker game, by rethinking "automatic" situations to see where I can improve, or if in this particular spot, a less-intuitive line would be more favorable. Un-automatic plays in the right spots can win tournaments. I'm sure you agree. (And FWIW I already posted that I agreed with the push here)

And dont even f***ing tell me that Pratt sucks. I'm one problem set from throwing up.

Everett