Thread: AQ off
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: AQ off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think pondering that this hand could might be standard is a huge leak. There are several problems with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see you've joined the elite of posters who think it's okay to say that there are problems without saying what they are, why they are problems, and what you should do instead. You're really cool now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Seriously, this kind of post is just not helpful. If you've got something useful to say, say it. Otherwise, why not just move on without posting?

This has been a public service announcement from someone who preferred 2+2 in 2000.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize I may have come off harsh, but I was serious. His hand is by no means awful, but thinking that it might be standard means some seriously flawed thinking. I am not trying to be elitist, and I thought it was important for him to realize that this can in no way be standard. I guess next time I should lay out some reasoning as well.

I think the hand could be changed in a few ways, and although I don't know exactly which one is best, this one definetly isn't. Other posters have already suggested some alternatives. Definetly cap preflop. Given that he didn't, raise the flop. Given that he didn't, I think a turn raise might be right against certain opponents.