View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Warning from Party

Wow, you guys just refuse to see the "whys and what" party has a problem with.

Pokeredge is 3rd party information...in a collusionary manner.

Pokertracker is YOUR own information (obviously with the exception of file sharing with others) that you "witnessed".
All players gather information when playing on a table. Be it live B&M or online. Every hand is information. How we choose to use this information is up to us. Party as such has no problem with that. I've seen players in live games taking notes. This isnt "illegal" nor unethical. It's just smart poker. "nitty" at times maybe, but not unethical.

And PT does no good for you in data mining on Stars since unless the hands are shown with the loser showing down his hand you have incomplete information. Not completely useless for datamining but you get what I mean. Stars is being a little more protective by not allowing table watchers to see both hands when the loser doesnt show.

The basic idea with these programs and the T&C's is that you can gather your own information. They have no problem with that. But to "collude" in gathering information by using information others gathered or to share information with others is obviously and strictly forbidden.

I'm perfectly happy knowing they have access to my hard drive. I agreed to this on the T&C's when opening an acct. You know those T&C's that we never read but just check the box marked "I Accept".

I did purchase PokerEdge. I used it for months. It gave me the quick info I wanted for game selection in ring games. However, when I got the warning, I then realized since party was obviously making a very strong effort to keep the games clean I would be better off doing my own datamining, and completely uninstalled the PE software.

Kudos to Party for openly and actively doing this. Yes I lost out on $100 for my purchase of PE. Too bad. Hopefully, Stars follows suit. Too bad it aint possible for them to track whether we personally datamined PT info or imported it from someone elses PT database.