Thread: 10/20 SB Hand 2
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
If I get any more responses with an implied or overt nasty tone to it, I might change my mind and make this my new home. And I've been being nice so far. If that happens, you might get to see me when I lose my patience. Lets see if any more poker smart but socially inept computer jockeys want to push my buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not nice to threaten a whole forum because you didn't like a few responses.

I will be as diplomatic as possible (not a wiseass and not nasty) because I don't want to see you lose your patience or your account.

The advice you've given in this thread and in Drontier's hand #3 is only right if there were no pot in the middle of the table. In that case, if we're less than 50% to have the best hand, then folding is correct. You don't seem to understand the concept of pot odds. 3-betting preflop with a hand like AK and check/folding a rag flop, leaving behind 7 bets, is just wrong. The players contesting your advice are VERY GOOD players. They understand what hands are worth in relation to the pot.

For example, if someone came by the table with a suitcase and dumped $1,000,000 into the pot, would you still suggest check/folding as a default? How about $10,000? or $100? There has to be a threshold at which you would see the value of betting, calling or raising. The rest of us see that threshold at much less than 7 small bets and that is why we think it's absolutely ridiculous to check/fold after 3-betting with any hand at all.