View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: calling a raise with several callers

[ QUOTE ]
i have been having alot of trouble lately deciding how to play semi good hands after there has been a raise and several callers when i am in a late position. the hands i am referring to are KQ,KJ,KT,QJ,QT and maybe AT. the problem is when there are several callers and no reraise that i am sharing cards with everyone else and could be drawing dead except for 2 pair or a straight. on the other hand alot of the time my pair is good and i have position wich allows me to judge the situation better. do u think it would be better to play suited connectors or the hands i have mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ].

In situations like these I think you clearly want to avoid many of the hands you mentioned. With raisers and callers there is a high likely hood you are sharing cards and in the possibility of making an outside draw, your outs may be serverly discounted. In situations like these, I will sometimes play low pairs or maybe suited connectors like 56 or 67. Your chances of being dominated or have fews out are far less likely.