View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: tough fold or standard? party 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't take this as a knock on your play, but I think it is a tough situation. Here is the dilemma, call a check raise on the river. You have represented at least top pair...and could very easily have raised with KJ pre flop...
That being said...what do you see the majority of the time Head UP on a check raise at the river???
Usually Either Nuts or Bust....Never a I think I just made the best two pair hand or set...Unless set is nuts...
I would fold the river, however, since the hand is won or lost already, and I really am not sure where I am at on river, I just check behind and show my hand down.
He could have AK...AQ...or KJ...or taking a shot with KT or even JT hoping you fold KJ which is unlikely.
Fold River, it is correct more often than not, and next time check river with top pair second best kicker in a connected broadway board.
Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, this is an aggresive internet game... he is not "hoping you fold KJ" unless he is on crack...
the majority of the time, he has KT/JT here (AQ also possible), so i would fold, but it does put a knot in my stomach to TPGK for one bet on the river on party.