View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: How important is position in PLO8?

[ QUOTE ]
I actually played a hand against you once, where I was afraid to steal on the button because I had a feeling you were itching to re-steal from me. When you do suspect that the button is guilty of larceny, do you check-raise the full size of the pot or is a min-raise or somewhere in the middle just as effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I very rarely steal from the button, almost all of my bets are value bets because I fully expect to be called. I do most of my stealing from under the gun on the turn, because you get a ton of respect, and everyone expects under the gun to check the flop when it hits, so if everyone checks behind you, it's a great time to bet on the turn.
I do like to check raise people on the button. I'm also just as happy to check hands down when I have a good hand in a blinds only small pot. I let the opponent decide if he wants to make it big or not.
The reason right now the button is valuable for me is not because you can bluff, but because when you bet, you get called. Likewise I expect the button to bet if everyone checks, so I will check hoping to check raise the whole table.