Thread: Turn Raise
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Turn Raise

[ QUOTE ]
W.D. was talking about turn raises yesterday, so I wanted to start looking for hands to post. This was one I thought might be decent to discuss.

Players behind me are tight.

Villain is quite loose....somewhere in the 40s. He's semi-aggressive. That's all I've really noticed so far.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like it a lot better with an overcard on the turn. If he is going to fold up he needs something to put you on. Many of these guys will stubbornly cling to an AK read, so if the turn were some kind of face card, I think you would have a better chance of this working.

Also having a better handle on the player type. I am not so excited about doing this against "Donk types". Unless he is a LAG pre-flop with normal stats after the flop (There are quite a few of these guy at 5/10 I imagine the same at 10/20), for instance I like to look at WTSD/W$SD, aggression, and folding by street.

So in this situation, I am not wild about the play. I want a couple other factors to be in my corner when I do this. Here I am not wild about the board texture as far as inducing a fold, the player type seems like this would be ineffective, and as far as being ahead.. yeah maybe we are..maybe were not.