View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: The Stars VIP Guessing Game

I emailed Pokerstars a few months back and basically made the argument they should NOT offer rakeback. The reason being that Pokerstars has a very low rake on limit games (relative to the other major players) and I would like to preserve the status quo.

For some confounded reason I suspect there is a 'catch' here of some sort. When I wrote the email mentioned above, they told me I was "definately in the minority" and the only people who agreed with me were management. The vast majority of player remarks were (allegedly) in favor of a rakeback program.

I just hope it isn't rakeback with increased rakes, rakeback with increased sit & go/tournament juice, or (as Microbob pointed out) rakeback with a massive boost in twoplustwo TAG's. As it is, they already slightly adjusted the rake on the microlimits (ex. taking rake in dollar increments on .25/.50 and adding juice on low buy-in tournaments such $3 plus .30).

It seems counterintuitive, but I actually HOPE the VIP plan is geared towards people who play high limits and excludes people like me. I just suspect the profitability of my games could dramatically be reduced. Maybe I'm wrong and it could be the new scheme could be lucrative inspite of attracting more TAG's.

I wrote Pokerstars an email and they wouldn't comment. They just told me I'd be impressed. I won't be impressed if there's a clever attempt to increase rake imbedded in the new plan. Also, I won't be impressed if Pokerstars is inundated with a massive number of savvy 2plus2'ers.

All this being said, I love Pokerstars and hope it continues to deliver the highest quality online poker in the business.

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."