View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: 10/20 NL: Flopped nut Str8 on a monotone flop!: Line Check!

Havnt read the thread, but if it wasnt for the coldcaller, I think this is a pretty clear allin or fold. From your description he could have anything including the nuts or a pair of jacks. You beat most hands, so I probably put him on maybe the bare A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but more likly something liek Jx with the A or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The problem ois the cold caller and what he has. He needs something and it very well could be the Ah making it less likely button is full of it. So in my mind button now has the K :heart with something like a J or a Q for the straight draw or the made flush. In anycase you're in a bad spot. I like folding 60% of the time and calling 40% of the time. If you call and coldcaller comes along, you're very dead on any heart anyways, so try to give yourself a better price. If he does have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I dont think he'd fold right now given the odds. If he does fold, well maybe the button does have the ace after all.

Given no hearts hit the turn, I think I just open push. Might do the same on a paired board, but its very hard to get someone to lay down a flush trying to represent a fh.

Tricky hand, but theres no shame in just laying it down on the flop.