View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Gazes Call with AK after 2 all ins 4 handed

I've been hopping around forums today specifically looking for this discussion because I liked the call and figured there'd be a lot of people that didn't.

The Live update log from card player.

As I said in total bluff's thread:

Yeah most of the time he was going to be slllllliiiiiigttllllyyyyy under 2:1, there's going to be a small % were you are screwed vs AA or KK.

So here's the thing. You have a 3X% chance of winning a huge pot and being heads up with a stack you can contend with. so from there lets just say he's even money vs Sief.

15% of taking a bracelet by calling.

So, if you lay that down, Mihn doubles up, now you have to mess with both mihn and seif with larger stacks than you. I think his chances of winning a bracelet by laying down AK and taking a chance vs seif and mihn there are going to be less than 15%.

Now on the flip side if I was Phil Ivey in that spot and against 3 other goobers I'd lay it down probably (depending on M and when the next level is coming). Even with the blinds escalating phil Ivey would have more than a 15% chance of winning a bracelet at that point. However, Seif is dangerous with a big stack and Mihn, again, is one of the best.

Personally, I would take my 15% and be really happy.