View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Pope doing away with limbo

Everything I say I have backed up with Church teaching. You claim to represent the 2000 year Magisterium when the current Magisterium is contradicting the previous one.

Now that Ratzinger (Pope Benedict) has decided to cow tow to the modernists in offering a more "compassionate" view of the fate of unbaptized infants, he is scandalizing every single Catholic who has ever been taught about the concept of limbo, and he is contradicting the premier theological authority of the Church, St. Thomas Aquinas. So is Ratzinger right?

If we can hope for the eternal salvation of the unbaptized, we can certainly hope for the eternal salvation of mortal sinners for "compassionate" reasons. After all, why would an all loving God condemn a sinner to an eternity of Hell? Why would he not allow unbaptized babies to see the Beatific vision (even though he allows them to die in sometimes cruel ways).

So what now? Do we erase the part of the Catechisms approved by the Church which discuss limbo? Do we ignore ST. Thomas Aquinas and the interesting historical context of this question? Do we ignore the Catholic Encyclopedia?

But now I demand an answer to this, and you can ask the Pope. Where do unbaptized babies go when they die?