View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Pope doing away with limbo

Peter, I think you are again misinterpreting the Holy Father's views and drawing unwarranted conclusions from them. You are right that limbo is a logically possible theory, but the Holy Father isn't saying otherwise, just that we don't need to try to theorize about such a "detail" to the point of having it in the catechism. And from that position, you cannot validly infer that he means that unbaptized babies must go to heaven. But of course you aren't actually stating that you infer that, but by asking the question just erecting another hypothetical heretical straw man, like you have said JPII was "suspected" of heresy.

And it is humorous for you to accuse me of "personal" interpretations when I merely state the teachings of the Magisterium with its 3000+ bishops in communion with the pope. Whereas you are asserting the personal interpretations of 4 bishops and 50 priests who are not in communion with the pope. If the pope agreed with your group's views, as small as it is, then you could state that it was standing against the theologically wrong majority. But the key point of the Arian heresy which you like to allude to, is that the see of Rome never succumbed to it even when a majority of the bishops may have. That is a critical difference.