View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: ok... anyone else find more bad beats at ULTIMATE BET than others

[ QUOTE ]
How come we never see the posts from the people that say UB (pick your site) is amazingly lucky for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually do kinda get posts like this i think.

"I've been winning 15BB/100 at party in my last 4k hands. I know I've just been getting lucky and am running very hot but......"

But your general point is correct.
When most players win 10-15BB/100 they won that much because they are so much better players then everyone else.
When they lose it is bad-luck, bad-players, bad-site, excessively bad-beats, etc.

For whatever reason, I'm more criical of myself for some reason.
When I break-even or lose 1BB/100 over a week or so I'm extremely critical of my own pla and abilities.
If I win 2-4BB/100 over the course of a few weeks (month or longer) I feel like I've been getting incredibly lucky and have been hitting significantly more sets and catching good cards on the river far more often then I deserve.

I think it's a matter of self-perception.

Many fish think they are MUCH better than they really are. So when they don't win they are kind of confused because they just KNOW they are doing everything right.

Some winning players are more objective in their abilities OR even underestimate how good they are.

The psychology of 'I'm so good that I never deserve to go on a bad run' that many of your worst table-whiners and conspiracy theorists rant-on about is still very interesting to me.