Thread: 98s.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 98s.

I think adding your own thoughts in the OP help spurn a good discussion about the deeper parts of the hand.

So PT tells us this guy is really tight. Is this a weak lead on the flop, or standard? After he calls your raise, I put him on sets or something like 44,88-1010.

His turn lead is either trying to get a cheap showdown or do a donk-style "milking" of you with his newly found boat. Which kind of opponent is this? The kind that mini-bets his big hands because he's afraid of folding, or the kind that makes little bets in hopes you won't make him have to fold? Is he so aggressive post-flop that he'll do this with overs? Either way, I like calling and calling river. This makes the most from a weak hand, and loses the least to a bigger hand. I think raising at any point makes the worse hands go away.

Overall, PT stats are good, but they can mean different things for different players. I like to run PT for about a half hour to get a feel of the tables, and then open up GT+. This makes the stats I get more reliable, and helps work in my personal reads with PT's.