View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Let\'s talk bowling for a minute.

I know some of you bowlers are out there right now.

I just got a schedule change at work, so I will be able to bowl in the Friday Night Classic League at my local house. I'm excited. I'm looking for a new ball to give me a new look for the fall season. My current equipment is old and I need a change.

Today a buddy let me throw his Lane 1 Super Carbide Bomb. This is like a $300 ball. It definitely had a good reaction, and I think I could do even better with it if I were to get used to throwing 16 pounds again (all my equipment is 15 right now and I haven't been bowling much).

I'm also looking at a few new balls. I generally like Storm balls, so the X-Factor Ace and the Vertigo are possibilities. I think I could get either one used, which is good cause both are really expensive.

The pro shop owner bowls with me Monday nights and he let me throw his Columbia U-Turn tonight, another ball with some great action. I haven't had great feelings about Columbia equipment, but this one was a nice marble.

Any thoughts on bowling balls for the upcoming season? Personally I'm a high-rev, high speed bowler, so I look for something aggressive that can get down the line and then really move.

My favorite ball of all time was the original Cuda/C. When that thing was new I got a ridiculous reaction from it.

NT