Thread: My Friday Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Default My Friday Rant

Gary Carson, who is a bit of a pariah around these parts, wrote something along the lines of people consider themselves as having a game, like I'm a red chip hold 'em player, and that stops them from sitting in good games. If I remember correctly, he was talking about the need to play more than HE, but the same principle applies to the talk of various Party limits. I'll play between 5/10 and 20/40 on Party, and the deciding factors are how I feel (tired/rested, clear-headed/drunk) and how good the games are. I don't think you guys practice good game selection if you make blanket statements about the quality of games at a given limit. I started playing 15/30 in December because one of my buddies was playing--taking a shot, I guess. I never looked back. Find good games, play good games, take the occasional shot. Don't limit yourself because you heard 5/10 full is bad or whatever. People are wrong. Sometimes a bigger game is surprisingly good because it's Tuesday and 2 donkeys are sitting at 10/20 full. If you can spare 25-50 BBs, give it a shot.

Yeah, and congratulations to Entity.