View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Play this hand against me

[ QUOTE ]
You know, it's an auto call-down for me too and I think it's a leak. Maybe it's just that the hands stick in my memory, as hands where we lose with a big overpair to a bigger overpair do, but I have a hard time throwing them away when I "know" I'm beat. (After all, he might have jacks or the other queens right? Feh . . .) Poster says we know him, but I don't know if he's capable of making a play here. But against players who absolutely wouldn't be this frisky with a hand that queens can beat, an auto-call down must be a leak, no?

So ,FWIW, I too just call the turn raise and check-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. There has to be players who wont make a move in this spot, and are also not capable of raising for value here with JJ after it was capped preflop and led at on the flop and turn. I do think maybe I assumed too much when I first replied to this post though. I guess it depends so much on the past history between these two, so maybe James's opponent cant even think of folding here, I dont know.

Its hands like this that make me miss playing live poker all the time. I cant really see laying it down on the net without a ton of player info, since the computer seems to have a way of making people overplay hands in hopeless spots for some reason. In a B&M game, there are so many other things going on, and I feel like I would have a better chance at making a good laydown.

BTW have you been playing much? I'd like to make it out your way soon for some poker.