Thread: 6-max Coach
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: 6-max Coach

[ QUOTE ]
I am considering doing some coaching on the side. The format will entail me analyzing a video of the player's play, creating a write up of interesting or misplayed hands/situations, then discussing the writeup on AIM and answering any questions. I would like to help a few players as a trial before deciding if I want to do this permanently and make a website, etc. PM me if interested and for pricing details, qualifications, or any other info. For a ballpark I am thinking $100 per hour but I'll do the first few players at 50% discount since hopefully I will be learning as much as they do. The price will be fixed though for video + analysis + discussion and will depend on the length of video. BTW, I'd feel comfortable coaching players at any shorthanded level up to and including 1-1.5bb/100 (suspected) winners at 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this method best I think. I had a internet session chatting thru IM once from a very good coach. I found it quite stressfull though as my multitasking skills are approaching that of a retarded monkey. It was hard to make the plays that I normally would make, take in reads, relay my hole cards, and discuss wtf I was thinking when I raised 2 hands prior.

The session was very valueable and a few of the things I learned made the measely $110/ hour easily worth it.

I think your coaching strategey would be the best with respect to online play.

I'd like to be one of your guinea pigs D, if you already have enough...