View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Stop with the low- and no-content posts. (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt this a no content thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I almost didn't post it. But the number of no/low content posts lately has been ridiculous. Some of them say "low content" but actual have some interesting points worth discussing, and I wouldn't discourage them. But many of them are pretty pointless and have been posted simply because the OP wanted to "share" -- and are worth about as much as a "Look, I flopped a royal flush!" post.

Obviously people can post what they want. But the quality of SS would be improved if, especially when STARTING threads, people took a moment and asked what they hope to constructively achieve by posting a thread. If you have a hard time coming up with a good reason other than "for my own amusement," you probably shouldn't post it. Or, at least, you should post it elsewhere.

Newer posters are forgiven because most people (myself included -- I've posted my share of stupid threads) post stupid [censored] as a n00b. But seriously, when veterans, Pooh-Bahs and CTs are posting low/no content threads at this frequency, it's frustrating.