View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Failed my first class ever

[ QUOTE ]
question: will this one failure affect my chances of getting into Law school granted that all my other grades are pretty good?

[/ QUOTE ]

At Canadian Universities (and I'm assuming that American ones are similar), each University uses it's own weighting system in judging applicants. Some Universities only take your 10 best marks (which would be great for you), some Universities look at your total GPA (which still isn't horrible for you, provided the rest of your marks are spectacular).

You also have to factor in your LSAT score as well. If you do phenomenal on the LSAT, it may make your GPA almost irrelevant. Just like with other criteria, some Universities weigh the LSAT more heavily than others.

You extra-curricular activities and your charity work etc... are also weighed by many Universities as well. The point is, one failing grade won't sink your chances at getting into each and every law school. It might severely hurt your chances at some, but it probably won't affect your chances one way or the other at most.

Btw...did you talk to the professor after your received your failing grade? It never hurts to throw yourself at their mercy in times like these.