Thread: JTo.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: JTo.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think I needed to bet the flop. Didn't wanna get check-raised, had a good draw, etc. I just don't think betting the flop accomplishes a whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have a good draw. You have a very obvious one-card draw which might only be worth half the pot. If you check and hit on the turn you get no action except from hands splitting with you. If you get checkraised on the flop your hand is no good and you've given up very little equity by folding your draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Do you think a 9 is calling my PSB? I have the OESD, there are no flush draws, I don't even have top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

A nine has five outs against you. Any ace, any king, any eight have three outs against you. Any pocket pair has two outs against you. Any jack has eight split outs. Against three (or was it four? I forgot) opponents that adds up to a lot of outs. How do you feel when the limper spikes a set of fours on the turn and bets into you? You're not folding second pair there after no flop action. Furthermore, tons of players will call on the flop with a naked jack. You are on a huge freeroll against them.