View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: AA double suited that misses

Against one player only who is a known LAG I am not only never folding, but am setting us in on the flop. If he has the 2 or 66 then good for him but I can't be drawing dead. This is a typical LAG play made against tight players trying to take the pot away from them when they have indicated AA by the preflop action. Worse boards are with two nearby straight cards where someone with 4 nearby straight cards might have hit 2 pair or 1 pair and a draw of some kind.

One of the main ways AA wins when it doesn't hit a set or a straight/flush is by making aces up with the board paired low. And in that case if he only has the other pair on the board he is already counterfeited. Push and pray on the flop and don't let him pick up a draw on the turn for cheap. And if the pot is so big preflop that he can bet himself allin when first to act and again it will be headsup, then I am calling allin. These kind of players look to play big pots against AA and crack it and also steal from it. Make them show you a hand except on a dangerous board which this wasn't.

You aren't always going to win by playing this way, but if you pick your spots and opponents you will be ahead long term for it. However playing AA this aggressively postflop can be high variance. But playing passively, even though inducing bluffs when you read them right, only allows them to control the hand and pick up draws and higher board sets that they might have folded versus more aggressive flop action.

Play like a sissy with these players and you'll get treated like a sissy even more in the future.