View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: AA double suited that misses

[ QUOTE ]
ok it was a full (8-man) ring game. It was checked to me on the flop, i bet 1/2 pot. 1st limper folded, 2nd raised pot. This was a low-stakes omaha game and from playing so far it seemed like he was playing omaha with almost a hold-em strategy (i.e. overvaluing hands). Stack sizes: i had about 1/3 more than him, he had about the buy in.
I would normally fold to the pot raise as e was representing the 2 or 66, but it was screaming weakness, so i flat called, maybe a mistake there, although with no real draws out there, if i had it so far then another card shouldnt be horrible, and if i was beat then i could get away on the next street.

After the turn, he bets 1/2 the pot, and with my redraw and still thinking my aces had it i put him all in, he called.. nevertheless i was right, he had A,j,j,6 with no real draws.

im just getting back to omaha after focusing on NL tourneys and sngs, so im a bit rusty to say the least. Im sure that was filled with mistakes and got lucky that i was against a donkey, so please critique everything!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played the hand well, given your reads.