View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: 2 $100NL hands for review, thanks

Thanks for the comments guys, my final thoughts:

Hand 1: Given sufficiently long time to think about it, this is a clear push for me. Calling is going to set off a million alarm bells anyway, let's get the money in now. One thing that was not mentioned here but I did consider in the few seconds before pushing is that the "better deuce" is going to be like 29o which is still going to be a pretty heavy favorite to chop with me. Result was that this mega donkey called me fairly quickly with aqs. I certainly thought misclick was very possible here but if it was an ace being stupid it definitely seemed that just going ai was the best way to get him to put any more money in.

Hand #2: I do not like a value bet of less than all-in here. If I come out betting it's going to forecast a hell of a lot of strength and all of you people thinking that the lone king of clubs is going to raise a pot bet are off imo. I do understand and like quite a few of the checkraising options. I think both the king and queen will bet, and any underfull would also bet. I seriously doubt the queen will call a cr, the king might call a check minraise but probably not a push ai, an underfull is probably in trouble and going to have to call. As it turned out my thinking was that the kc might call ai and any underfull would call ai. Plus my vibe during the hand was that he was awfully strong on the turn to check behind after that strong flop call. I assumed he had either improved to the nut flush or a boat on the turn. Given that I went for the gusto on the river and villain, apparently Inch, called with 6's full.