View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: 2 $100NL hands for review, thanks

Hand 1-
In the heat of the moment, I think no one would think of folding here. But away from the table, I think you have to lay this down. First if you are deciding to play this hand, you are basically deciding not to fold on whatever comes (other than an Ace maybe). So here you are going to be risking more than 2/3's your stack on a hand you aren't comfortable with. Think about it, what can this guy possibly bet $22 into 3 players with? Probably either trips or a full house. He is hoping someone caught an Ace (that's likely v.s. 3 people) and will pay him off. The only hand I see him have here that you have beaten at the point is 5-4 of diamonds. Also you have to worry about the small chance that either MP players limped in with A2s or AA which can be devastating. This bet is very strange indeed, and I have to agree that this can simply be a mis-click/mis-type or something else that the player did not intend to do.

Hand 2-
I think betting $10 here would probably be the right move. First if he has trouble folding weak hands, then he will pay you off $10 with any three aces and with a straight that he could have been drawing to and got it (7-5s possibly) since you're giving him a good price.
Second, if he has a K or even a Q high flush or a full house then he is most likely going to raise you. It is very hard for anyone to put you on a full house since you backdoored it and played it soft on the turn. This way you bet, he will see that your bet is weak and raise you, and then you can either double his raise to make him most likely pay you off or go all in and try to win the maximum amount.
Also, since you played it soft on the turn and now are putting a weak bet on the river, he might decide to get cute and try to bluff you to laydown a possible mid-flush you might have.