View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Stars has it\'s own PokerEdge variant

Playerstalker

While it's not a HUD it does track your rough stats and just like PE wants you to pay to see them and hide your own. Since it's through a website it can't really be banned. Again, it only has very few stats and you have to type in a name through their website every time so it's not as good as PE, but it runs on the same HH's are shared principle.

Stars can also be datamined through the use of starspy. You can't see mucked cards on showdown at stars but this doesn't make much difference for stats like vp$p, pfr, went to showdown etc. (altough I doubt this is "news" since this program has several threads on this forum and pt's forum already)

So for all you people who think you're safe on stars, forget about it. I'm sure it won't be long before things like this become available for other sites as well.

HUDs, trackers, miners etc are here and simply can't be stopped. While HUDs and their ilk can maybe be banned, good old PT can always be run from a 2nd computer on a LAN or from a virtual machine to make it untraceable and has the gametime windows for a semi-hud experience.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: Oh, and no I'm not affiliated with either program, I'm just trying to make a point that these things are out there, not just for party, and basically can't be stopped. I also never used PE but am an avid PT and GT+ user and as obvious from this post am on the pro-HUD side.