View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Did I misplay top two pair? Deserve to be criticized?

I have been thinking about this hand for awhile and wanted some advice. I have Q10o and I am on the button in a 1-2 game. Standard raises in this game are about 5x bb (I know this is really high). Anyways, theres a 3xbb from early position. There are 2 callers and then it's on me. I'm trying to vary my play/loosen up a little (I had been playing very tight) so I call.

Flop comes 4 2 Q rainbow. It goes check, check, and an aggressive player bets 15 into the 25 pot. This same guy has about 500 in chips and I have about 250. I decide to call and see what happens on the turn. Other two players fold btw.

On the turn comes a 10 giving me top two. Now the guy who bet 15 on the flop bets 30 into the 45 pot. Again I just call. Now I could see how someone would say this was a mistake, but I was hoping to have him bet again on the river with AQ, KQ, or QJ.

On the river he bets 50 and I again just call. At the time, I didn't really put him on cards other than AQ. I still had around 200+ chips in front of me and was worried if I re-raised and he went all in I was beat by a set. He also turns up Q 10 and its a chop pot. After the hand is over he says what the [censored], you are so tight man. You don't raise 2 pair?! I was pretty insulted by this since I don't think I played the hand that badly. I responded to him that he'd been playing aggressively so why not let him do the betting. Anyways, what do you guys think about this?