View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: So I just lost 30K......

[ QUOTE ]
I never said you don't understand variance and I never said you suck. Why are you calling with top pair if you have reason to believe you're beat? Why are you calling with sets if you're confident your opponent has the flush? You must be doing something right if your reads are correct as to what your opponent has, now answer the question as to why you are unable to let your hand go and you're on your way to playing better. There is a post in the psychology forum about this. But if you're unwilling to criticize yourself and find your mistakes and the reasons for them, excpect to have more swings. And quit being so f.ucking defensive when people point out things that might help you.
As for myself, I'm not the best, I know that. I'm a student of the game. When I'm locked in and in the zone, I can make some pretty incredible reads and call guys down with crap because I know my crap is better than his crap. However, sometimes too often I think I get knock a guy off a hand. I know what he has and I know what he has is very vulnerable, so, I bet with authority to get him off his hand and he calls me. So, I should probably do that less. I was trying to steal the blinds too much and Barry Greenstein told me I need to do it less so that my button raises will not lose respect. Admitting my flaws is the only way to correct them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you have said in this post. Sorry if I offended anyone trying to help me. You sound like you have some of the same flaws as me, like trying to push a guy of top pair weak kicker with a big river bet, and being called. I am working on this along with other flaws.

1) I did not play optimally during this stretch. What I have learned is to take a break after losing big, not chase losses, even when I think I can beat the game

2) I have reached the level I am at by being tough on myself and admitting my flaws. I think this is the best way to improve. Look at big hands you lost and analyze if you could have done anything about it.

3) When I return to the 2k, I will not make the same mistakes again.

4) My situation is not all that bad, I have 50K in the bank/stock market, and 10K in my BR(won $2000 in NL400 recently), so I don't have much pressure to play too much.