View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: NYC TRANSIT STRIKE OVER!

[ QUOTE ]
An NYC Firefighter was critically injured biking to work because of the strike

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that.

I was out on a bike in Manhattan today and saw 2 bicycle accidents. I was just thinking "good thing the strike is over because it's dangerous on a bike out there."

Both accidents I saw were minor -- they were bicyclists running into each other, primarily, as far as I could tell, because at least one of the bikers in each case was a moron.

The first one weaved between 2 cars stuck in traffic and noticed too late there was another bicyclist in the portion of the space time-continuum he was heading for.

The second involved someone who sped by me in very dense traffic on broadway. I actually stopped my bike and waited for him to go by as I noticed him barrelling down at me. As he went past he shouted "everything's alright!" and as I'm thinking "no, it's not, you're an ass" another bicyclist came into broadway from a cross street and all the drivers stuck in traffic got to watch two bicyclists try to decide (1) if their bikes were OK, (2) if they were OK, and (3) if what just happened warranted a fight.